Discover the people, places and beauty Charlestown beach offers.
Named for King Charles II of England, Charlestown was incorporated in 1738. Tucked away on South County's coastline, Charlestown has some of the best sandy beaches, overlooks Block Island and is surrounded by miles of salt ponds for swimming, shellfishing, boating and family recreation.
Charlestown also has many fine shops and restaurants, stores and other items for you to stop and explore. Small businesses are a large part of the town and they will do their best to serve you and hope that you can come and visit.
Beyond the shore, discover Charlestown's nature preserves and parks, where you can hike, bike or kayak.
- Burlingame State Park, situated around Watchaug Pond is famous for his camping facilities and public beach.
- Ninigret Park offers an array of recreational activities including biking and walking trails, fresh water swimming and tennis.
- The Fish and Wildlife Kettle Pond Visitor Center has several favorite trails for birders. Here you will find many migrating resting and nesting songbirds. Inside the Center many hands-on activities await children and you can explore interactive exhibits and displays where visitors can learn about the wildlife resources and coastal environments of each refuge.
- Many annual events have made Ninigret Park their home : The Big Apple Circus, The Seafood Festival and the Rhythm and Roots Festival are not to be missed.
- The Narragansett Indian Tribe has its annual Thanksgiving Festival on the ground of the Narragansett Indian Church.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) Program of the State-Wide Multiple Listing Service, Inc. IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use, and it may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
All Information Is Deemed Reliable But Is Not Guaranteed Accurate.